The zonal maritime resources nucleus for global community
The CME conceptualizes the primary role as producer of competently trained and highly professionalized maritime manpower imbued with the responsibility of upholding the utmost basic training (bt), sufficient to comply with the requirements of STCW 2010 as amended, and such other international laws, conventions, and pursue a professional career or advanced studies in any maritime field of specialization
To comply with the International Maritime Organization (IMO) and standard of training, certification of watch keeping for seafarers, competencies, policies and guidelines.
OBJECTIVESThe Bachelor Of Science In Marine Transportation (BSMT) and the Bachelor Of Science In Marine Engineering (BSME) program aims to :
- provide and equip students with knowledge, understanding, proficiencies , skills, competencies, attitudes and values, to qualify and purpose then for the assessment and certification as officer-in-charge of navigational watch in a periodically unmanned engine room or designated duty engineer officer in a main propulsion machine of 750 kw propulsion power or more, and
- produce graduates who are qualified to pursue professional and advanced studies in a related maritime field of concentration.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform the competence, at the operational level under section A-III/1 or A-II/1 of the STCW Code;
- apply knowledge in mathematics, science and technology in solving problems related to the profession and the workplace;
- work in a multi-cultural and/or multi-disciplinary team;
- understand professional and ethical responsibilities;
- communicate effectively in oral and written English
- understand the impact and implications of various issues in the global and social context of the profession;
- engage in lifelong learning and keep abreast with developments in the field of specialization and/or profession;
- use appropriate techniques, skills and modern tools in practice of the profession in order to remain globally competitive; and conduct research using appropriate research methodologies